Three fire brigade personnel were injured when an explosion took place while putting out the fire in the house in Gali Godown area of Bharthana. On hearing the sound of the blast, panic spread in the area and other firefighters also backed out and the police evacuated the nearby houses. With this the traffic on the highway was stopped. People have expressed suspicion that there is gunpowder inside the house, while the ASP has said to conduct an inquiry into the incident. Police and fire brigade have brought the fire under control after a lot of efforts and the process of pouring water on the smoldering house is currently going on.
Anil Kumar's house is in the godown in Bharthana town of Etawah and the warehouse was full of groceries. A sudden fire broke out in the house on Tuesday morning, there was chaos in the area after seeing the strong flames rising. A crowd gathered in the street and the police and fire brigade were informed. Police and fire brigade personnel arrived and started extinguishing the fire. The fire brigade personnel were moving inside the house pouring water cannons. In the meantime, due to a sudden explosion, the flames formed into a ball of fire came out. Due to this, three fire brigade personnel Ravindra Kumar, Yatendra Singh and Bharat Singh fell away and were seriously injured. Police and other jawans sent the injured comrades to the hospital.
Hearing the sound of the explosion accompanied by a loud bang, the people around got scared and panic spread. During this, the work of extinguishing the fire stopped for some time and people expressed the suspicion of fireworks or gunpowder inside the house. The firefighters could not muster the courage to go inside to douse the fire. Later, with the help of police, fire brigade personnel started extinguishing the fire. Police also evacuated nearby houses and stopped vehicles on Bharthana Bidhuna Marg of National Highway-91. ASP Rural Omvir Singh said that the cause of the fire is being ascertained. It appears that the godown was filled with gun powder, due to which the fire started. It is possible to say anything only after the incident is investigated. Anil Kumar has a license for Sulfur Potash, but the information about how much material was in the godown is being done.